In April of 1972, Kenora summer student, Gerry McMillan, was tasked with burning down the abandoned boathouses on the Kenora Harbourfront.
Learn the history of the building of the Kenora Community Centre, now called the Kenora Recreation Centre.
One of the major touchstone events that helped bring Kenora into a new era after all the death and destruction of the 1910s was the construction of the new Thistle Rink.
In 1907, Frank Newell was hired to design a hotel befitting the burgeoning tourist town of Kenora: The Tourist Hotel, later the Kenricia.
The Doner Block is surely one of Kenora’s most handsome structures. On the exterior it has remained largely unchanged in its 95-year history.