ACCESSIBILITY

Both the Museum and the Art Centre are physically accessible.

LAKE OF THE WOODS MUSEUM

The approach to the accessible entrance is made from Main Street, down the driveway on the southeast corner of the Museum to a small “courtyard” in the front of the building. Cross the courtyard and the entrance is located on the northeast corner of the Museum. The Museum is ramped throughout. Wheelchair accessible washrooms are available. A wheelchair is available for use at the Museum.

The Museum offers an audiovisual tour, at no additional cost. It is available to all visitors but may be of particular interest to those who have sight or hearing impairment (headphones are available).

DOUGLAS FAMILY ART CENTRE

The main entrance to the Art Centre is off Main Street. It is a level entryway. The different levels of the Art Centre can be accessed by elevator. The Art Centre has wheelchair accessible washrooms and a universal washroom.

Did you know?

Kenora was once claimed by Ontario and by Manitoba. Both provinces claimed the area between 1878 and 1884. The case was resolved in 1884 by Queen Victoria’s Privy Council, the highest court in the world at the time.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann