Exhibition Submission Guidelines For Artists and Curators
The Douglas Family Art Centre invites dynamic proposals from any artist, group or organization wishing to present interesting, engaging and inspiring exhibitions for consideration.
Exhibition proposals may be submitted by hard copy or email to the contact information listed below and must follow the appropriate guidelines.
Selection is based on demonstrated quality, innovation, and excellence in artists’ work with strongly developed themes.
Submissions must include the following:
- Cover Letter: includes an introduction with current contact information and a brief summary of the proposed exhibition.
- Exhibition Statement/Proposal: lists the title with the concept for exhibition, a de- scription of the number of works, layout and installation requirements.
- Minimum of 10 images: jpg format preferred, at least 300dpi, image title must match artwork. *
- List of works for exhibition: includes name of artist(s), title, date, medium & dimensions. *
- CV and biography of artist(s) and curator(s) (max 3 pages): should include educational background and exhibition history.
- Availability and/or requested dates of exhibition (please note requested dates may not be available).
* In the event that the proposed artworks have not yet been produced, please provide a detailed description of the intent in addition to support material featuring past work.
Please do not submit original slides, artwork or master DVDs. The Art Centre does not accept responsibility for any loss or damages to the content of your submission and will only return submissions that include a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only proposals under consideration will be contacted.
Please send submissions to:
Shelby Smith, Art Centre Curator
Email: [email protected]
Mail: The Muse, Douglas Family Art Centre, P.O. Box 497, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X5
In person: Douglas Family Art Centre: 224 Main St. Kenora, O.N.